Tuesday, April 7, 2020
No menu items!

World heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz ready for weekend rematch with Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia

World heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz told media on Monday (December 2) in Saudi capital Riyadh that he is ready for weekend rematch with Anthony Joshua.

Ruiz and Joshua arrived to a welcoming ceremony at a Riyadh restaurant where they spoke to media before they entered.

Both fighters predicted that they will win in their December 7 title rematch.

Mexican-American Ruiz produced one of boxing’s biggest upsets when he dethroned the previously undefeated world champion Joshua with a seventh-round stoppage at New York’s Madison Square Garden in June.

Their second WBA, IBF and WBO title showdown — dubbed ‘Clash on the Dunes’ — takes place in Saudi Arabia after former Olympic champion Joshua triggered a rematch clause.

Ruiz said the fans can expect “fireworks” when they slug it out again. Joshua was dropped to the canvas four times in the June bout and Ruiz, who has never been knocked out in his professional career, said that he would look to control the fight and use his speed against his taller opponent.

Briton Joshua has said his first career defeat at the hands of Andy Ruiz Jr. was down to a lack of experience and he has become a “smarter” fighter ahead of the coming rematch.

(Produced: Peter Bullock)

Latest News

Morning subway commute shows New Yorkers wearing face masks against coronavirus

The morning rush hour into Times Square in New York showed most people wearing cloth face coverings...

Wearing masks and gloves, unemployed Americans join long lines to file for benefits

A line of jobless Americans snaked around the Arkansas Workforce Center to file for unemployment benefits on Monday (April 6) after many...

“It’s very worrying news”: Former British PM David Cameron reacts to Johnson in hospital

On Tuesday (April 7), former British Prime Minister, David Cameron, expressed his best wishes for Prime Minister Boris Johnson who was moved...

World leaders concerns regarding COVID-19

https://www.facebook.com/NTVHouston/videos/324371111872263/ Over a million confirmed cases around the world#covid19 #coronavirus #StaySafe #SocialDistancing

MAYOR TURNER NEWS CONFERENCE ON COVID-19

https://www.facebook.com/NTVHouston/videos/247152646411946/

More Articles Like This