Friday, May 29, 2020
No menu items!

World Richest Man’s Phone Hacked By Saudi Crown

Two UN officials report that there is enough evidence suggesting that Saudi Arabia had hacked Amazon.com Inc founder Jeff Bezos’ phone and both the kingdom and the United States should investigate, a person familiar with the matter said.
The United Nations’ officials plan a public statement asserting that they found credible a forensic report commissioned by Bezos’ security team which concluded that his phone probably had been hacked with a tainted video sent from a WhatsApp account belonging to Saudi’s crown prince Mohammed bin Salman.
The report by FTI Consulting concluded that massive amounts of data began leaving Bezos’ phone about a month after the video was shared in mid-2018, the person said, declining to be identified due to the sensitivity of the subject.
Outside experts consulted by the UN agreed that while the case was not airtight, the evidence was strong enough to warrant a fuller investigation.
The report is set to worsen relations between the world’s richest man and the kingdom which had soured following the murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018, who was also a columnist for the Bezos’ owned Washington Post.
The Guardian first reported the crown prince’s alleged involvement. It said the encrypted message from the number used by the crown prince is believed to have included a malicious file that infiltrated the phone Bezos had used and extracted large amounts of data.
Saudi Arabia’s U.S. embassy dismissed the report.

Latest News

Minneapolis police officer charged with murder, manslaughter in George Floyd case

The white Minneapolis policeman who pinned an unarmed black man with a knee to the throat before...

‘No time for tweets’ – Biden on George Floyd death

Former Vice President and the presumptive Democrat presidential candidate, Joe Biden, on Friday (May 29) blasted a tweet from U.S. President Donald...

New York City on track to reopen on June 8, five upstate regions ready to enter phase two -Cuomo

New York City is 'on track' to enter phase one of reopening on June 8, New York Governor Cuomo said on Friday...

World’s oldest man dies aged 112

The world's oldest man has died aged 112, British media reports. According to the BBC, Bob Weighton, from Alton,...

Man on a roof vs SWAT units

HOUSTON - Houston Police were dispatched out to 100 block of Seven Oaks regarding a disturbance of a man throwing rocks and...

More Articles Like This